ELSA Midterm Conference
27.10.2016, Paris, France
The ELSA team is holding its project midterm conference titled "The ELSA battery energy storage system - safe, scalable and green". The ELSA team invites all interested stakeholders to hear about the first results of the ELSA project and join in a visit to the ELSA prototype installed at the headquarters of Bouygues Energies & Services.
Unfortunately the pilot visit is fully booked.
"The ELSA battery energy storage system - safe, scalable and green": ELSA Midterm Conference
On behalf of the ELSA team, we would like to invite you to our ELSA project midterm conference titled "The ELSA battery storage system – safe, scalable and green”. The project ELSA brings distributed storage solutions to maturity. Its objective is to enable their integration into the energy system and their commercial use. ELSA addresses existing development needs by combining 2nd life batteries with an innovative local ICT-based Energy Management System in order to develop a low-cost, scalable and easy-to-deploy battery energy storage system.
In order to cover all relevant applications of distributed storage, the ELSA 2nd life battery energy system will be installed at six pilot sites in five EU countries – from an office building to a university R&D center, from an industrial site to a local grid with solar energy generation. In the second week of August, the ELSA battery energy storage system was installed at the first of its six pilot sites - the Skills Academy for Sustainable Manufacturing and Innovation of the Gateshead College. At the site, an electrical storage unit based on three second life Nissan Leaf batteries with a total capacity of 48 kWh has been installed. Together with a newly deployed rooftop photovoltaic system of 30 kWp, the ELSA system is expected to provide services such as peak shaving, demand response and energy purchase time shifting. For that purpose, the deployed ELSA battery energy storage system will be connected to an energy management system supplied by the consortium partner UTRC, Limited.
The project midterm conference will be held on the 27th of October 2016 in Paris, France. At the conference, the ELSA consortium will present the status of the ELSA pilot installations as well as preliminary project results.
As a participant you will:
- Hear about the first results of trialling our ELSA battery storage system at six pilot sites across Europe
- Take part in the discussion on the technological, regulatory and market requirements for a successful marketing of small to medium-scale storage applications
- Meet interesting partners from research and industry at our networking lunch
- Join us - for a visit to the ELSA prototype - installed at the headquarters of the ELSA consortium partner Bouygues
- Participation is free of charge
La Maison des Travaux Publics, 3rue de Berri, 75008 Paris, France
When?27th of October (8:30 – 17:30)
|09:00||Welcome | Servan Lacire (Bouygues Energies & Services)|
|09:20||Storage keynote | Michael Lippert (EASE Vice-President, Marketing & Business Development Manager at Saft)|
|09:50||The ELSA battery storage system - safe, scalable and green | Nicolas Schottey (Renault)|
ELSA Use Cases |Moderation: Ludwig Karg (B.A.U.M. Consult)
Presentation of the ELSA Use Cases | Massimo Bertoncini (Engineering)
Ampere Building |Ella Etienne (Green Soluce)
Gateshead College | Sarah O'Connell (UTRC)
City of Terni | Massimo Cresta (ASM Terni)
City of Kempten | Thomas Eberl (egrid)
E.ON Energy Research Center | Anica Berthold (RWTH Aachen)
Nissan Factory | Petar Mihaylov (Nissan)
Topics to be discussed:
|13:00||Reports from the focus groups and conclusion |
|13:15||Networking lunch |
|14:30||Transport to the Bouygues Challenger Building|
|15:30||Visit of the ELSA prototype - installed at the Challenger Building (Headquarters of Bouygues Energies & Services)|
|16:30||Transport to Paris City Centre |
- Hotel California Paris | The venue is reachable by foot within one minute | Price per night 199,-€ |Follow the link for further information: http://www.leshotelsduroy.com/en/hotel-california
- Hotel Massena | The venue is reachable by taxi or Metro within 15 to 20 minutes | Price per night 106,-€ | Follow the Link for further information: http://www.paris-hotel-massena.com/de/page/hotel.3.html
- Hotel Le Péra | The venue is reachable by taxi or Metro within 15 to 20 minutes | Price per night 104,-€ | Follow the Link for further information: http://www.hotellepera.com/